Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 1: Oro Valley, Jerome, Albuquerque

Successfully survived my first day of driving - 600 miles and 9 hours, not bad at all!

Day 1! at EveryTrail
EveryTrail - Find the best Hiking near Tucson, Arizona

I was pretty nervous about traffic through Phoenix because of the holiday, but everything was moving smoothly and I was sitting down for lunch in Jerome by about 11am. What an amazing little town! The impression that I got was that it's a friendly art town that got splattered on the side of a mountain, but the switchbacks, narrow rocky roads, confusing traffic, and hard to find parking were absolutely made up for by the delicious food and the friendly welcome I received everywhere I went. Two hours was not nearly enough time to properly explore, I can't wait to go back and poke around all of the art galleries and little stores that were just begging for attention.

The day in photos:
Up early to feed the cats
Thank you to Emily for posting a link on Facebook that gave me the idea for using drawers and bins - so far, so good :)
The overlook near Jerome - it was so satisfying to be back in mountains
Welcome to Jerome, AZ!

A playground in the middle of town

Gnome and my delicious grilled veggie sandwich
Cream of artichoke soup - yum!

Several people told me that I *had* to visit the kaleidoscope store, and it was absolutely as impressive as I had imagined



Flamingos with ponytails ;)
Back on the plains
Welcome to New Mexico!
Home of the funny signs

My better half ;)

1 comment:

  1. Wow, awesome photo journey. There is that hansom Oliver!

    ReplyDelete