Monday, September 16, 2013

Days 12-14 - Silence is Golden?

Maybe just rainy.

Sorry for the vast lack of updates! I can hardly believe I've (only/already) been gone for two weeks - it alternately feels like so much shorter and yet longer than that.

The rain has been putting a damper on the traveling and adventuring, hence very few photos have been taken and my motivation to update has decreased dramatically. But now that the sun has returned I should be out and about a little more! This weekend was happily spent around the house doing chores and watching Sherlock with T and the puppies (have you seen it? It's on it's second or third season on the BBC, we got the pilot and second episode from Netflix and absolutely loved it). Saturday Caitlin, T, and I went down to Castle Rock to shop at the outlet mall - it was a great way to while away a rainy day, dashing through downpours and even hail. The amazing jacket that I bought will almost certainly make many appearances on here as the weather cools down.

Today I made my favorite little baked eggplant pizzas for us for lunch, and then we spent the afternoon doing laundry and brushing a small gnome-worth of fur off of the puppies while enjoying the return of the sunshine! It drizzled for a little this morning and again this afternoon, but otherwise it's been so heartwarming to see blue sky for the first time in a week. We bought some extra gallons of water and canned foods just in case, but it looks like things are going to stay ok here in this part of town. And now I'm off to go downtown! Hope all is well in your neck of the woods, wherever you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment